Friday, January 21, 2011

Mommy's Trampoline

You have finally "popped" my tummy out so I'm starting to actually look pregnant instead of looking like I just ate too many donuts. Hooray! You're also getting big enough that I can feel you bouncing around pretty constantly. It's still pretty difficult to feel you from the outside, but you're trying - especially when Daddy talks to you. Last night was the first time I could noticeably feel you respond to his voice and try to kick his hand. It was VERY obvious to me but I guess it's still a little too subtle for him to pick it up from the outside. Oh well... In a few more weeks you'll have some more power behind your punches so I'm sure he'll get to feel you soon :)


It's pretty funny that you're moving so much now because you were interested in nothing but sleep during your Anatomy Scan a couple weeks ago. What should have been a 30 minute exam turned into 50 minutes because you were stubbornly refusing to move at all until the very end. Daddy and I didn't mind getting to see you for an extra 20 minutes, but the poor tech's arm was about to fall off. We tried everything we could to wake you up... shaking my tummy, talking to you, etc... But ultimately it was my bladder filling up that got you to budge. You had your head behind my belly button the whole time (which is impossible for an u/s machine to go through) but as soon as I felt like I had to make a run to the ladies' room you came to life! We got video of you - 2D and 3D - so there is proof that you really like to treat my bladder like a trampoline. You started jumping on it over and over and even had your mouth wide open while doing it like you were smiling and having the time of your life. I'm glad I can provide some entertainment for you while you're in there, but let's make a deal that we'll only play on Mommy's "trampoline" once a day, ok?


Some great news is that I've finally found the miracle cure for all the heartburn you've been giving me. Zantac! I would really like to find the creators of it and give them a big hug. I haven't had a single Tum in a week because all I have to do is take one Zantac in the morning and I'm good all day long ***insert hallelujah chorus here***. I have had some other interesting pregnancy side effects though. Feels like every time I get something resolved something else at least semi-miserable pops up. I love you, and I love that God is allowing me to be the vessle to "build" you, but in all honesty I cannot WAIT for you to be here! I'm having trouble understanding why so many women tell me they "enjoyed their pregnancy so much and miss it". Don't get me wrong... I know how blessed I am and I'm not in any way complaining about your presence inside me - it's just getting very taxing to live with the side effects of your presence inside me!


One of those newly discovered side effects is the fact that my body now sporadically decides to hold bowl movements hostage. "Gross, Mom!" - I know. But this blog is a record of my experiences with you, good and bad. This just happens to be one of the really evil ones, and since you're a girl and may very well experience this yourself in the future (distant, distant future!) I feel it's only fair to forewarn you. A couple weeks ago I literally thought I was going to die from the aforementioned hostage situation. I took some Colace, drank a ton of water, ate some fiber... and finally... after 8 hours of labor I finally gave birth to said BM. When I say "gave birth" I literally mean that's what it felt like - or at least what I imagine giving birth will feel like. The experience was complete with me crying and screaming at your Daddy like something out of a horror movie if he even tried to come into the bathroom. He was terrified. I discussed this problem with the doctor and she told me it would be safe to take a preventive Colace daily as long as I was still taking my vitamins. Thank. God.


I love you always!


Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment